Goal of this project:
1. Reasonable control parallel inverters by droop control.
2. Improve performance of power sharing in complex microgrid case.
3. SDIs is a great solution for research and application, aim to use it in this project.
4. The benefits will be apply for project relevant renewable energy.
The system look like a small complex microgrid. It include two DC source to emulate different renewable energy generator, also two different loads, when the micro sources and loads had change, analysis how the microgrid will operate and how the power output from parallel inverters.
Implement this idea:
1. Use SDI as the core inverter part in microgrid.
2. Parallel inverter and different loads apply in the microgrid.
3. Get the system operation feedback and analysis the power sharing, also the performance of SDIs.
PhD student: Li Lei. Supervisors: Dr Mohammed Elgendy, Dr Neal Wade, Dr Salaheddine Ethni.
In this project, it need two TAPAS boards for parallel inverters.
this idea will get two TAPAS dev kits