A voice based mobility assistant ("robot") with the following components
- Raspberry pi for motion control and automation algorithms
- TAPAS as drive controller (3 axis)
- Snips as voice platform
- Raspberry pi Camera Module for vision
The mobility assistant can be controlled via Snips - which is a stand-alone voice platform running on raspberry pi.
Being standalone, such a platform doesn't require internet / wifi / cloud access, which is desirable due to configuration and privacy reasons, and an advantage over services such as alexa.
- Transporting small household items within an apartment (e.g. food trays, coffee cups, etc)
- Collecting deliveries
- Stabilization of gait ("Rollator")